Live Your Dream Award: Education &
Training Awards for Women
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Award (formerly the Women’s Opportunity Award) assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them the resources they need to improve their education, skills and employment prospects.
Each year, more than $1.6 million in education grants are awarded to more than 1,200 women, many of whom have overcome enormous obstacles including poverty, domestic violence and/or drug and alcohol abuse. Live Your Dream Awards recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, such as books, childcare, tuition and transportation.
The Live Your Dream Awards involves three levels of cash awards. The program begins at the local Soroptimist club-level, where award amounts vary. Local-level award recipients become eligible for region-level awards of either $3,000 or $5,000. Region-level award recipients then become eligible to receive one of three international-level awards of $10,000.
Since the Live Your Dream Awards program began in 1972, about $30 million in education grants have been disbursed to assist tens of thousands of women achieve their dreams of a better life for themselves and their families. In 2007, the program received the Associations Advance America Summit Award—ASAE & The Center for Association Leadership’s highest level of recognition. (Source:www.soroptimist.org.)
Deadline: Applications are due on November 15.
E-mail application to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail application to:
Soroptimist International of Coronado
PO Box 180345,
Coronado, CA 92178-0345
You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you:
- Provide the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner,
siblings and/or parents.
- Have financial need.
- Are enrolled in or have been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Are motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Reside in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela)
- Have not previously been the recipient of a Live Your Dream Awards (formerly called the Women’s Opportunity Award)
- Do not have a graduate degree.
Are not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
For more information contact Cathy McJannet at 619-841-8080.
To Apply: Click Here to apply for the Coronado Soroptimist Live Your Dream Award.
- Jessy Song | 2017 Live Your Dream Award Winner
- Beverly Dominguez | 2016 Live Your Dream Award Winner
- Denise Armendariz | 2015 Live Your Dream Award Winner
- Deborah Bon l 2014 Women’s Opportunity Award Winner
- Megan Bates l 2013 Women’s Opportunity Award Winner
- Kadhra McCaskill l 2012 Women’s Opportunity Award Winner
- Deronda Chevanne | 2011 Women’s Opportunity Award Winner
- Susana Sanchez | 2010 Women’s Opportunity Award Winner
- Claudia Hayes | 2009 Women’s Opportunity Award Winner